Asking for donations is never easy and it can leave even the most outgoing person with trembling knees. Just remember: what is the number one reason that people give? Because you asked! People give to people – not causes – and your passion and enthusiasm for your event and Special Olympics Colorado are your best assets. Happy fundraising!
Use this toolkit to help meet your fundraising goal for USA Games!
Team Colorado Fundraising Pages
Send out these team specific fundraising pages to solicit online donations!
Team Colorado Photos
Quick Fundraising Tips
- Most Successful Idea: Mail a fundraising letter (click here to download a sample letter) to your friends, family and neighbors with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Alternately, email your contacts and include a link to your personal fundraising web page where they can make a donation online.
- Extra, Extra… Tweet All About It! Posting on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is a great way to share information about your involvement in the event, and to solicit donations. Include a link to your team fundraising page (see above).
- Double Your Fun: Challenge a friend or colleague to take the plunge!
- Matching Funds: Ask your supporters about matching funds from their employers.
- Follow Up: Always follow up, via phone and/or email. People will appreciate the reminder.
- Send Thank Yous: Always send thank you letters/emails to all sponsors (and include a crazy picture, so they remember you next year).
Use these promotional graphics to help you with fundraising to meet your goal for going to the 2018 USA Games