Thank you to our 2018 LETR Sponsors: Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union, The Spadorcia Cavo Charitable Fund, High Country Beverage, and Motorola!
The mission of the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics is to raise funds for and awareness of the Special Olympics movement worldwide. Special Olympics is a program that daily reaffirms our beliefs that with hope, love and dedication, we can see achievement and self-worth realized by any individual. It is our belief that persons with intellectual disabilities, by their involvement in Special Olympics, show the community at large the true meaning of sport and a pure joy towards life.
Take a look at our Hall of Fame Inductees for their superb dedication and support to Special Olympics Colorado!
2018 Hall of Fame – El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
2017 Hall of Fame – Parker Police Department
2016 Hall of Fame – Boulder Police Department
2015 Hall of Fame – Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office
2014 Hall of Fame – Adams County Sheriff’s Office
Be a Game Changer:
- Organize an LETR Torch Run in your community. Encourage your fellow officers, fire departments, Parks & Rec Centers to be a part of this annual event!
- Start your own “Pop-Up” Tip-A-Cop event at a local restaurant in your community. Ask your Agency Coordinator how to get involved. 100% tips go towards SOCO LETR. Tip-A-Cop Kits available here!
- Become a part of our signature events and serve your community by serving food and earning tips at Red Robin, Chili’s and Texas Roadhouse restaurants.
- Schedule officers to award our athletes with ribbons and medals at SOCO competitions (Calendar of events). Athletes say that the police ofﬁcers involved with LETR give them acceptance, friendship and encouragement.
- Get a team for the Plane Pull presented by Subway and/or a Polar Plunge presented by Westerra event from your department. Ask a local SOCO athlete to join your team.
- Friend SOCO on our LETR Facebook page for fundraising ideas, tips as well as upcoming events. Be sure to work with the staff at Special Olympics Colorado to incorporate themes and messaging.
- Subscribe to the monthly Guardian of the Flame newsletter by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click HERE to donate to LETR through ColoradoGives.org
- Visit the LETR Resources Page for LETR Contacts, Social Media Toolkits and more!
New! Champion of the Quarter – now accepting nominations! Has someone from your agency gone above and beyond the call of duty to be an integral part of the Special Olympics Colorado LETR community? Maybe this person organized a group of volunteers? Encouraged the entire staff to raise money for an LETR signature event? Helped medal an athlete at Summer Games? Even waited tables at a Tip-A-Cop event?
Show your appreciation and nominate them by completing the Online Nomination Form or email the Printed Nomination Form via email to Alyssa Svalberg.
Let’s share the success of our Colorado agencies and recognize the member who exemplifies their commitment and involvement within the community. Let the LETR community know why this person has what it takes to be the next Champion of the Quarter!