Healthy LEAP (Lifestyle Education And Practice) is a series of health, nutrition, fitness, safety and injury prevention lessons and practical applications created specifically for youth and adults with and without intellectual disabilities. Each lesson includes specific tasks and activities to jump start the practice of a healthy lifestyle.
Weekly Lessons Include:
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Weight and Obesity
- Behavior and Stress Management
- Bone Health
- Sports Nutrition and Hydration
- Exercise and Injury Prevention
- Sun Safety
- Personal Hygiene
- Prevention of Alcohol and Tobacco Use (only when age appropriate)
Healthy LEAP is made possible thanks to support received from the Colorado Health Foundation.