Special Olympics Colorado would not exist today and could not have been created without the time, energy, and dedication of thousands of volunteers.
More than 10,000 volunteers dedicate their time to help children and adults with intellectual disabilities achieve their dreams. Our volunteers include students, senior citizens, business groups, professional individuals, civic organizations, families, and coaches to name a few.
We have many Volunteer Opportunities and there is no experience required!
Fans in the Stands!
Fans in the Stands is a program designed to promote unity and encourage students, friends, and families to get groups together to make posters, banners or organize pep rally’s for Special Olympics athletes in their schools and communities.
Not every athlete has friends or a family cheering them on during competitions, so imagine the feeling they get when there is suddenly a crowd of supporters behind them. By simply making signs, bringing noisemakers, clapping, whistling, and making up chants, athletes will have the feeling of home-field advantage.
Contact: Georgia David, Volunteer, Family Services and Athlete Leadership Manager, Georgia@SpecialOlympicsco.org or 720-359-3130.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- Ongoing Opportunity: Polar Plunge Poster Distribution
- February 24 – Healthy Athletes Screening at State Winter Games presented by United Airlines
- February 24-25 – State Winter Games presented by United Airlines
- February 30 – Healthy Athletes Sports Physicals at the NE MedFest
- March 23-25 – State Basketball Tournament
- April 18 – DPS Elementary School Track & Field Day
- April 19 – DPS Middle School & High School Track & Field Day
- Click here to learn more about becoming a Polar Plunge Ambassador!