Special Olympics Colorado would not exist today and could not have been created without the time, energy, and dedication of thousands of volunteers.
More than 10,000 volunteers dedicate their time to help children and adults with intellectual disabilities achieve their dreams. Our volunteers include students, senior citizens, business groups, professional individuals, civic organizations, families, and coaches to name a few.
We have many ways to get involved and there is no experience required.
Ways to get involved:
Contact: Georgia David, Volunteer, Family Services and Athlete Leadership Manager, Georgia@SpecialOlympicsco.org or 720-359-3130.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
- December 14 – Young Athletes and Unified Juniors volunteer interest meeting from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the SOCO State Offices
- December 30 - Eve of the Eve Volunteer Opportunites
- February 10, 2018 – Aurora Polar Plunge presented by Westerra Credit Union
- February 24-25, 2018 – State Winter Games Volunteer Opportunities
- March 3, 2018 – Boulder Polar Plunge presented by Westerra Credit Union
- March 11, 2018 – Denver Polar Plunge & 5K presented by Westerra Credit Union
Fans in the Stands!
Fans in the Stands is a program designed to promote unity and encourage students, friends, and families to get groups together to make posters, banners or organize pep rally’s for Special Olympics athletes in their schools and communities.
Not every athlete has friends or a family cheering them on during competitions, so imagine the feeling they get when there is suddenly a crowd of supporters behind them. By simply making signs, bringing noisemakers, clapping, whistling, and making up chants, athletes will have the feeling of home-field advantage.