Presented by SOCO’s Sponsor, Westerra Credit Union
Most of us make time to complete a physical checkup, but when was the last time you had a financial checkup? A financial checkup will allow you to:
- Review your credit report
- Receive a credit report for your children or elderly parents. Many types of fraud happen within these age groups because fraudsters know credit reports are not checked regularly.
- Review your savings plan. Financial experts recommend that you keep three to six months of your net pay in an accessible account. How much do you have set aside and how can you meet that goal? Pay yourself first by setting up automated deposits from your paycheck. You may be amazed at how quickly it can add up.
- Look at transferring credit card balances to a lower rate card or look for ways to improve your credit score so you can get a lower rate.
- Refinance your auto loan or mortgage loan to get a lower rate. You may be able to save a significant amount of money every month.
Westerra was also awarded Special Olympics Colorado’s Community Partner of the Year Award at last week’s Hall of Fame event! Special Olympics Colorado earns $52.80 for every new account opened at Westerra when someone mentions SOCO! Click here to learn more.