The mission of the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics is to raise funds for and awareness of the Special Olympics movement worldwide. Special Olympics is a program that daily reaffirms our beliefs that with hope, love and dedication, we can see achievement and self-worth realized by any individual. It is our belief that persons with intellectual disabilities, by their involvement in Special Olympics, show the community at large the true meaning of sport and a pure joy towards life.
To learn more about one of our LETR Agencies in Colorado, please take a moment to view the LETR Agency of the Year vignettes presented at the annual Hall of Fame event.
2016 Hall of Fame – Boulder Police Department
2015 Hall of Fame – Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office
2014 Hall of Fame – Adams County Sheriff’s Office
Be a Game Changer:
- Organize a Torch Run in your community. Encourage your fellow officers, fire departments, Parks & Rec Centers to be a part of this annual event! Click to Complete the 2017 Torch Run Event Form!
- Start your own “Pop-Up” Tip-A-Cop event at a local restaurant in your community. 100% tips go towards SOCO LETR. Tip-A-Cop Kits available!
- Schedule officers to award our athletes with ribbons and medals at SOCO competitions. Athletes say that the police ofﬁcers involved with LETR give them acceptance, friendship and encouragement.
- Get a team for the Plane Pull and/or a Polar Plunge event from your department. Ask a local SOCO athlete to join your team.
- Friend SOCO on our LETR Facebook page for fundraising ideas and tips ans upcoming events. Be sure to work with the staff at Special Olympics Colorado to incorporate themes and messaging.
- Subscribe to the monthly LETR newsletter by contacting email@example.com
- Visit the LETR Resources Page for LETR Contacts, Social Media Toolkits and more!
New! Champion of the Quarter – now accepting nominations! Has someone from your agency gone above and beyond the call of duty to be an integral part of the Special Olympics Colorado LETR community? Maybe this person organized a group of volunteers? Encouraged the entire staff to raise money for an LETR signature event? Helped medal an athlete at Summer Games? Even waited tables at a Tip-A-Cop event?
Show your appreciation and nominate them by completing the Online Nomination Form or email the Printed Nomination Form via email to Jennifer Moore.
Let’s share the success of our Colorado agencies and recognize the member who exemplifies their commitment and involvement within the community. Let the LETR community know why this person has what it takes to be the next Champion of the Quarter!