SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing and implementing the communications, marketing, media and branding efforts of Special Olympics Colorado, including national and local cause-marketing campaigns, local and national public education efforts, advertising, advocacy, media relations, social media, website management, corporate partnerships and collateral production.
The Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications purpose is to implement cause-related marketing promotions that generate revenue, event participation and awareness; to develop steward media partnerships; to encourage the involvement of external audiences such as potential athletes, families, volunteers and donors; to clearly communicate SOCO priorities through the office of the CEO with current athletes, families, volunteers and donors; and to support the outreach needs of the program and development departments. Reports to: President & CEO
- Plan, organize, implement and manage marketing department activities, including advertising, media relations, social media, cause-marketing, collateral production, sponsor recognition.
- Oversee media relations strategy: Function as a media contact, working with team members to prep messages and conduct interviews. Respond to media inquiries. Write press advisories, releases and proactive pitches as needed.
- Develop annual public education and marketing plan that supports the mission and long-range goals of SOCO.
- Develop and maintain annual marketing budget
- Create and implement revenue- and awareness-generating cause marketing campaigns
- Manage a team to ensure that sponsorship deliverables are managed and met
- Oversee mass e-blasts including SOCO’s monthly e-newsletter
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for fundraising events and campaigns, such as Colorado State Tax Check-Off, Polar Plunges, Denver Golf tournament, Law Enforcement Torch Run, Plane Pull and other campaigns as assigned
- Develop and implement print, video, web and radio campaigns to promote athlete, volunteer, family, event participant and donor involvement
- Develop, hire and manage relationships with paid and pro-bono creative agencies, such as advertising, design, web development, photography, collateral material production and printing
- Develop a strategic plan to increase social media engagement on multiple platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Create in-kind partnerships that result in donated media space, and ability to promote events on a variety of channels (tv, radio, etc.)
- Attend all state competitions and develop public education opportunities and media sponsorships to support state games. Serve as point of contact to all media.
- Create scripts for events, including Opening Ceremonies and fundraising events
- Manage the creation of the Annual Report
- Along with the Marketing Team, oversee SOCO’s website and ensure pages are well developed and updated
- Oversee opening and closing ceremonies at state competitions and ensure the event communicates the strength and abilities of SOCO athletes, recognizes sponsors properly and contributes to the athlete experience.
- Deliver presentations and speeches on behalf of SOCO to external and internal audiences.
- Ensure support of program and development department marketing needs.
- Manage a team to ensure that the organization’s marketing needs are met, including the creation of flyers, promotional materials and more.
- Ability to lead and work with team to create promotional and inspirational videos
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Proven experience in budgeting, public relations, and management of staff
- Strong understanding of marketing, public outreach and non-profit organization operations
- Excellent presentation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Experience utilizing various video editing and creation applications such as Animoto, Adobe Premier, Adobe Spark, iMovie, Lumen5, etc.
- 5+ years of experience creating, utilizing and evaluating social media ads on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with content marketing including but not limited to writing blog posts, creation of podcasts, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong familiarity with social media and best practices
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, iMovie
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Sense of humor
- Experience copy editing
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block)
- All other duties as assigned
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary history/salary requirements to HR@specialolympicsco.org.
UNIFIED SCHOOLS MIDDLE SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL (MS/HS) MANAGER
This position will oversee implementation of Unified Champion School Initiatives included, but not limited to, Unified Sports, Youth Leadership, Whole School Engagement, and Health and Wellness (Healthy LEAP) within all Middle and High schools to create a seamless transition to the College and Community level. The position will also spearhead recruitment of new schools and assist in disseminating transition material to MS/HS in Colorado.
Reports to: Director, Unified Champion Schools
- Develop partnerships with schools to implement Unified Sports® programs, social inclusion activities, Youth Leadership programming and Healthy LEAP programming
- Conduct meetings and develop communication materials as needed to assure clear and open communication between all School Programs within MS and HS.
- Serve as initial point of contact between MS/HS Schools and SOCO Regional Manager(s).
- Provide assistance to Schools Unified Sports® programs, Youth Leadership programs, Healthy LEAP programming and Whole School Engagement events as needed to ensure the successful delivery of services to the athletes, families and volunteers of that district.
- Recruit, train, and assist in implementation of SOCO’s Healthy LEAP Program
- Ability to identify, train, and support Unified School Liaisons within schools.
- Work in conjunction with SOCO’s Coach Development Manager to implement SOCO Coaches Education Certification Program within all Schools Unified Sports® programs.
- Work in conjunction with SVP of Unified Champion Schools and Regional Managers to develop new school and community youth age sports teams for ages 7-15 years old
- Work in conjunction with UCS Director to Develop Program guides and resources for educators and Unified Sports® programs.
- Serve as a resource to Ensure all MS/HS Unified Sports® programs are in compliance with all SOCO policies, procedures and rules.
- Work in Conjunction with UCS Director to lead all Denver Public School Unified School Day events.
- Work in conjunction with UCS Director to lead SOCO Annual UCS Youth Summit and SOCO Annual UCS End of Year Appreciation event.
- Work within Unified Schools to ensure that interested volunteers are assigned to roles within each Unified Sports® program.
- Represent SOCO to the public by speaking to service clubs and other community groups when needed.
- Train MS/HS school personnel in the development and implementation of Unified Champion School programs
- Maintain oversight of UCS Budget as it pertains to MS/HS implementation.
- Assist UCS Director in researching and developing revenue sources to support UCS programs.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Program Development and implementation experience
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Demonstrate clear knowledge of Unified Sports®, Youth Leadership and Social Inclusion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of State Educational Goals and objectives, as well as, Educational Systems and school districts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Training for Coaches and Educators.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as necessary
- Position requires ability to lift 25 lbs and both standing and sitting work
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary history/salary requirements to HR@specialolympicsco.org.
NORTHEAST REGIONAL MANAGER
The Northeast Regional Manager is responsible for supporting athletes, coaches, and local program coordinators in the Northeast Region and ensuring that quality outreach initiatives are being conducted. S/he is responsible for managing team development in the Northeast Region so they are in compliance with Special Olympics Colorado policies and standards, and Special Olympics International general rules. The Regional Manager will conduct and oversee regional events in 22 sports as well as conduct fundraising events to support the region.
Reports to: Senior Director of Competitive Programs
- Ensure timely and comprehensive ongoing communication with Local Programs, Schools, Coaches, Volunteers, Donors, Families and the Media.
- Ensure athlete/family communication is occurring through Local Programs.
- Recruit, train and support new local programs and school teams.
- Partner with the Director of Competition in establishing Games Organizing Committees (GOC) including the recruitment and training of current and new members.
- Provide information, support, and direction to all inquiries regarding individual participation for potential athletes and families.
- Meet annual growth expectations for new athletes as well as retention of current athletes, local programs and schools.
- Assist in the seamless transition of athletes from school-based to community programs and teams.
- Assist the Volunteer Manager and Coaches Education team in developing and execution of Coaches Education Resources that aids in the recruitment of knowledgeable clinicians and sport educational volunteers.
- Assist in selecting and confirming venues.
- Identify partnerships within the region and develop and maintain relationships with these groups through volunteer and funding opportunities such as Knight of Columbus and other service organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses to impact volunteer force and provide resource development opportunities (both cash and budget relieving in-kind).
- Support other departments when workload allows contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Support the mission and program services of SOCO.
- Manage and oversee the Northeast Region Coordinator.
- Budget development and tracking to ensure all programs are operating within approved budget for both revenue and expense expectations.
- Prepare all reports and paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Maintain office and games equipment supply and inventory.
- Organize/Execute the Fort Collins Polar Plunge.
- Manage all fundraising initiatives already in place for the Northeast Region.
- Work with Development team to meet the fundraising goals of the Northeast Region.
- Ensure SOCO Risk Management Policies are being adhered.
- Ensure Local Programs are operating within budget and assist with fundraising ideas when needed.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 2-5 years of event management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Data management skills; preferably GMS and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective management of multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Special Olympics programs preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process.
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block).
- All other duties as assigned.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary history/salary requirements to HR@specialolympicsco.org.
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS INCLUDE (click links below to view specific job descriptions)
- Data Entry Intern
- Denver Region Intern
- Events Intern
- Social Media Intern
- Marketing & Communications Intern
Click here to apply online for available internships.