Southeast Regional Manager
The Southeast Regional Manager is responsible for ensuring that quality outreach initiatives are being conducted throughout the Southeast Region of the State. The Regional Manager is responsible for managing and executing outreach, coach recruitment and education, and local program and team development and support in the Southeast Region so they are in compliance with SOCO policies and standards, Special Olympics guidelines, and the SOI General Rules while ensuring a high quality experience for volunteers and athletes. The position will ensure that a comprehensive Coaches Education and Certification System is in place to offer all coaches the opportunity to become educated, certified and compliant with all Special Olympics guidelines. The position will manage the development and implementation of a Regional outreach plan to increase the number of athletes while assisting in the transition of athletes between school-based and community-based programs.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Regional Services and Competition
- Ensure timely and comprehensive ongoing communication with Local Programs, Schools, Coaches, Volunteers, Donors, Families and the Media.
- Ensure athlete/family communication is occurring through Local Programs.
- Recruit, train and support new local programs.
- Partner with the Director of Competition in establishing Games Organizing Committees (GOC) including the recruitment and training of current and new members.
- Provide information, support, and direction to all inquiries regarding individual participation for potential athletes and families.
- Meet annual growth expectations for new athletes as well as retention of current athletes, local programs and schools.
- Assist in the seamless transition of athletes from school-based to community programs and teams.
- Identify partnerships within the region and develop and maintain relationships with these groups through volunteer and funding opportunities such as Knight of Columbus and other service organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses to impact volunteer force and provide resource development opportunities (both cash and budget relieving in-kind).
- Support other departments when workload allows contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Assist the Coach Development Manager in developing and execution of Coaches Education Resources that aids in the recruitment of knowledgeable clinicians and sport educational volunteers.
- Assist in selecting and confirming venues for Coaches Clinics in the region
- Execute a comprehensive Coaches Education and Certification program in the Southeast Region.
- Budget development and tracking to ensure all programs are operating within approved budget for both expenses and revenue expectations.
- Prepare all reports and paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Maintain office and games equipment supply and inventory.
- Work with Development team to meet the fundraising goals of the Southeast Region.
- Ensure SOCO Risk Management Policies are being adhered.
- Ensure Local Programs are fundraising and operating within budget.
- Based in Colorado Springs office
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- 2-5 years of event management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective management of multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Special Olympics programs preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in coaches education
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to be cleared to work for SOCO through background screening process
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Position requires working both standing and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 pounds) for short distances (approximately one block)
- All other duties as assigned
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary history to HR@specialolympicsco.org by September 30.