Data Management Specialist
Special Olympics Colorado (SOCO) is seeking an experienced individual to enter and manage data in multiple systems. The Data Management Specialist provides information to the organization regarding the Volunteer Database, Games Organizing System (GMS) and Health and Wellness Data and supports the organization in planning, administering (data entry) and reporting.
Areas of Responsibility
This individual will be responsible for the following duties:
- Learning all aspects of the Games Management System (GMS), this is a Special Olympics system that is used for tracking athletes, coaches and competitions.
- Update and maintain GMS, which includes ensuring that all athlete medical applications are received, complete and entered into database within 48 hours. This may include working with coaches and athletes to ensure all materials are received.
- Input and maintain volunteer database.
- Management of online coaches’ registration process, which includes ensuring that all necessary documents are received and are complete.
- Review current system of receiving medicals and determine the most efficient and effective system.
- Assist with the selection of the best database to be used for tracking Health and Wellness programming and input pertinent data/results into database.
- Conduct data and other statistical analyses and prepare highly accurate reports for use by CEO, development team and other staff as appropriate. Provide evaluation and outcome measurement utilizing data.
- Manage the planning and implementation of data for special projects and activities.
- Process applications and paperwork for Young Athletes program.
- Create and oversee the management of monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic reports as needed from all databases.
- Compile data to support corporate and foundation funding requirements.
- Provide training as needed to ensure accurate and reliable use of data systems.
- Various clerical and administrative duties.
- Proficiency with CRM’s or CMS’.
- Process management experience in developing effective systems.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; has initiative and follow-thru to execute projects from initial stage through completion.
- Able prioritize efficiently, be flexible, and work on multiple projects simultaneously, both as an individual and as part of the team.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Professional demeanor with strong ethical standards and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to enter data efficiently with minimal errors in a timely manner.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and benefits package. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and salary history to HR@specialolympicsco.org by July 21.