Healthy LEAP is a nine-week program that includes weekly lessons that have been created specifically for youth with and without intellectual disabilities (ID).
Each lesson includes specific tasks and activities to jumpstart the practice of a healthy lifestyle. A designated and trained facilitator at each school will present the program.
- Food Groups
- Healthy Weight and Obesity
- Behavior and Stress Management
- Bone Health
- Sports Nutrition and Hydration
- Exercise and Injury Prevention
- Sun Safety
- Personal Hygiene: Hand Washing and Oral Hygiene
- Prevention of Tobacco and Alcohol Use (high school only)
Each participant will also receive materials that will include activities for the participants to do at home.